How to set up different blocks?
In emails, blocks populate the email layout with the relevant content. Here’s a quick overview of how you can work with blocks and what you can do with them.
In this article, you will learn:
- Image - A single large-sized image that extends across the entire email width, stopping at its margins. Dimensions can be edited independently of one another.
- Text - A block of text that extends across the width of the entire email. Text is presented in a single, large column.
- Button - An editable call-to-action button.
- Spacer - An editable block of space.
- Divider - An editable horizontal rule.
- Social - An editable collection of social media service icons and other information.
- Menu - A set of links and custom icons that can serve as your email menu.
- Countdown - A countdown widget until the set deadline.
- HTML - A code snippet that adds a custom element to the email.
- Video - A video preview via a link. The sizes of the thumbnail can be changed accordingly.
How to add blocks?
Using individual blocks allows you to design your email layout precisely how you want it. Blocks can be dragged into your template and then dragged around if you don't like where you put them - you can even use them to create a multi-column layout by placing blocks next to each other.
Click and drag a block into your template layout into any desirable section.
How to move blocks?
You can move a block by clicking on a particular block in your template and looking for the Arrows icon on the right side. All the blocks within a layout will move as a single unit, or they can be dragged individually to other sections if necessary.
How to edit blocks?
To edit a block, simply click on it, and you’ll see a separate window with the list of all settings for your block. The settings may differ depending on the chosen block.
How to copy blocks?
If you've created a layout out of multiple blocks you want to reuse somewhere else in your email; you can save time by copying it. Any layout or block that spans the width of your template can be copied.
Place your cursor over the block you want to copy and click the Copy icon.
How to delete a block?
To delete a block, click on the chosen block and select a Trash Can icon from the small toolbar.